I can get online but I can't get any web sites.

jeemac 21:30 26 Jun 03

I get online no problem but I can't get web pages except MSN and even here I can't access my e.mail.Anyone help?

jojo_1 21:34 26 Jun 03

What version of windows and internet explorer are you using?

cider with rosey 21:34 26 Jun 03

Hi I think more system information may be required IE ..O/S and internet connection 56k or broadband?/internet explorer version,

sil_ver 21:53 26 Jun 03

Are you sure you are online and not just loading pages from cache?

jeemac 22:05 26 Jun 03

Oops!Sorry folks.I'm using Windows98 and I/E5 and no,it's not the cache but thanks again.Any more info.

jeemac 22:08 26 Jun 03

Also forgot to add.It's a56 kdial up.

Magik ®© 22:17 26 Jun 03

do you have zone-alarm or something like it? it could be set too high..........

jeemac 22:19 26 Jun 03

no Zone Alarm.

wee eddie 22:33 26 Jun 03

Internet properties

Privacy

have a look at the other settings while your there

wizzy 22:39 26 Jun 03

I got the same problem and only fixed it today.
So heres how to fix it.
Uninstall Dial up Networking and restart.
Once windows has loaded reinstall Dial up Networking, reinstall your internet connection and then you should be back online.
It must be something to do with this version of windows as I have the same version and got the same problem.

I hope this helps, if it dosen't let me know, I've got some other ideas that might fix it.

Also if you have a firewall, uninstalling it might fix the problem and if you are using a proxy connection, removing it might fix the problem.

jeemac 22:43 26 Jun 03

Thanks Eddie but Iv'e got to be honest.It's my sister who has the problem so I'll log off and 'phone her.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…