I can cannot see 2 out of 3 live bar/band webcams!

theDarkness 23:55 14 Feb 11

I enjoy watching the occasional band playing at click here
..but I am having one main issue with two of the webcams:

With the "HOGS BAR" and HOGS RAW BAR" cams, I can only hear whats going on, and not see. All I get is a blank black screen with the live audio. The middle option, the default "HOGS STAGE", is the only one that works fully on my vista system (using the latest Firefox and IE browsers) with being able to see both its video and audio. So I am wondering if there is a difference between these two cameras and the one that works? I have also tried other browsers and switching my firewall off completely, but still only the audio comes through :(

thanks for any info or solutions if possible

ashdav 01:21 15 Feb 11

All three work for me.
Win7 Ultimate,Klite Mega codec pack,Flash Player 10.2.152.26, Firefox 3.6.13

lotvic 01:24 15 Feb 11

Okay on all three for me, but had to install WMP11 plugin for firefox first.

ashdav 01:25 15 Feb 11

Just tried them in IE and still working but buffering is slower then Firefox.

theDarkness 09:10 15 Feb 11

Its very odd - the webcam that works used Windows Media Video 9 with Windows Media Audio 9 when I checked its properties whilst playing. I thought that perhaps the 2 cams with missing videos might use a different video codec, but it turns out that the only difference is that they use Windows Media Audio 9.1 or 9.2 - with the same Windows Media Video 9! Slightly confused now - ps I tried installing the K-Lite codec pack before, and it made no difference, although Im not sure if it was the "mega" version or not. I would just like to find out what single codec Im really missing, if thats the cause of the problem. I think they leave all 3 cameras on constantly

Woolwell 10:16 15 Feb 11

Al work fine with Opera and WMP11.

theDarkness 15:13 15 Feb 11

Ive now tried opera, no change for me, and after reinstalling java, flash, and even the browser (getting desperate there) I think it must definately be a codec issue - no idea how to solve the 'black screen with audio only' on those 1st and 3rd webcams. I can find plenty of tools that will list what codecs are installed, but I cant find any tools that will scan and tell you of any conflicts between any, which may be causing the above problem. For multiple installations of codecs, Some video forums from 2005 or earlier recommend the 'DXMan' and 'CodecSniper' utilities, but they only find multiple codecs of the same type you have installed, and nothing else. I could try and delete all the clones if any were found, but (since some programs install video codecs without question), I might come into some problems with these programs if I got rid of the wrong ones :O

It would seem that the main problem is quite popular click here
some are just missing the codecs, others are turning video acceleration off to solve the problem

Woolwell 15:15 15 Feb 11

Just tried them in IE9 on my laptop and all ok.

theDarkness 16:07 15 Feb 11

I WILL find out the reason for having only the sound. Ive now tried IE9, but theres no difference, its as before with the same 2 out of 3 videos (the hog cams) only having audio - yet in their video window properties, the fps (frames per sec) is oddly still giving an output.. So windows seems to think the video is showing at least, even when its not!, haha.

theDarkness 14:00 24 Feb 11

I have now tried reinstalling Java and all browsers, but nothing works! Has anyone got an idea of how this Java issue can be fixed? The main problem seems to be down to a "NPDS.npDSEvtObsProxy.class not found" but Im not sure how this can be fixed, perhaps its an issue only with Vista, but I cant be certain. thanks for any help - here is the Java error log:-
-------------------------------------------------
Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24
Using JRE version 1.6.0_24-b07 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
-------------------------------------------------
load: class NPDS.npDSEvtObsProxy.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: NPDS.npDSEvtObsProxy.class
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: NPDS.npDSEvtObsProxy.class

lotvic 17:58 24 Feb 11

Not got solution but some extra info/notes

application/x-mplayer2
npwmsdrm.dll
npdsplay.dll

Although I use Firefox and Windows Media Player plugin have a dig through, it may shed some light:
Read thread on click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5