i-buddie usb caddie

Jak_1 00:42 15 Sep 04

I have an i-buddie usb HDD caddie whick works well with MS Millennium, however my new pc, an Advent 64bit AMD Athlon XP3200 running XP home will not recognize it. It finds new hardware but will not recognise the caddie.
Anyone else had this problem?

bhocip 09:18 15 Sep 04

Can't help you Jak_1,but pleased you have asked the question. I have the same trouble with the i-buddie caddie, but with XP Home. The software loads but doesn't go anywhere after this. A menu of what to do is suggested, but does not appear.Also the drive itself does not show anywhere. I have had a look in google but can't get much sense out of the return from this. I am sure there will be some of our friends in the forum who will put us on the right track.

Jak_1 15:34 15 Sep 04

Glad I'm not the only one, seem it must be XP-Home edition, a friend can get his to work with XP-Pro without installing the software. No doubt our problem will be solved eventually.

Jak

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…