i being thinking about ie and firefox

harps1h 22:38 01 Sep 04

and i am trying to decide if it worth moving away from ie.

anybody got an opinion about it?

VoG II 22:42 01 Sep 04

I don't think there is any argument - Firefox is far superior. My advice for what it is worth is to install Firefox but do NOT make it your default browser. Have a play with it. If you like it then you can do this later on.

Typed in Firefox V 0.9.3.

Androcles 23:09 01 Sep 04

Firefox,go for it.

Belatucadrus 00:35 02 Sep 04

Another Firefox user, I think I've tried most of them and Firefox is easily the best so far.

powerless 00:42 02 Sep 04

Look out for v1 of firefox October ish.

LastChip 00:47 02 Sep 04

I don't use IE at all.

Firefox is better in every way.

I've also changed to Thunderbird for e-mail management.

Brian-336451 04:55 02 Sep 04

My internet banking doesn't recognise Firefox (not quite true actually, it didn't recognise Mozilla) and won't let me proceed. And, in fairness I have left IE6 as my default although I might just try changing it around to see what happens.

However I use both programs in total harmony, even on line at the same time.

I LIKE Firefox, it seems quicker and certainly seems a whole lot less complicated than the behemoth that IE has become.

In perspective, I do feel we should give Microsoft some credit (although they did it for cynical market share improvement), we used to have to PAY for an internet browsers - Netscape and the like.

I still amazes me the amount of (quality) software knocking around that is FREE - eg Firefox.

Thank you, thank you, thank you - I accept!

Brian-336451 05:34 02 Sep 04

Thinking about what I'd said about internet banking, I've just tried Firefox on the most niggly bank and it actually worked.

There are one or two minor differences in presentation of the page eg the caret doesn't automatically appear in the first of the radio boxes, but in all other aspects it seems to work fine and I was able to access my account.

Another tick for Firefox - I've made it my default to see what happens.

Anything dramatic and I'll let you know.

Valvegrid 06:29 02 Sep 04

I love Firefox. But it doesn't render certain web pages very well, for instance, Lycos, click here the scripting on one of the banners does me eye's in. That's the reason why I use Opera now.

€dstowe 09:21 02 Sep 04

We have most installed browsers to enable website checking.

The browser of choice as a general purpose one is Firefox.

€dstowe 09:21 02 Sep 04

We have most installed browsers to enable website checking.

The browser of choice as a general purpose one is Firefox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…