I appear to have two operating systems

edennorman 05:30 03 Jun 07

Hello

I have just reformatted my PC and installed a new copy of win 2000.

I noticed on startup that I had the choice of selecting one of two operating systems, by which I mean there appeared to be two copies of windows installed.

When I tried to install a favourite program I got an "unable to locate DLL" message.

Out of curiosity I started up again and selected the other operating system, which turned out to be the old one, on this system I can access the program I am trying to install.

Could this old operating system be intefering with the set up of my program? If so how do I go about deleting the old operating system?

Thank you for your time.

Richard

MAJ 08:05 03 Jun 07

You didn't format the hard drive correctly. It would be better if you formatted and reinstalled Windows agaain.

missingit 08:37 03 Jun 07
  MAJ 09:22 03 Jun 07

Yes you can remove the boot menu, you could even remove the Windows folder, but a lot of files and registry entries will still remain. As you have 'just' reinstalled, a far better option would be as I said above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…