i am not satisfied with my celeron g530

notia 17:00 PM 05 Nov 12

hi to all,

i am notis marinakis from greece and i really feel very lucky that i found your excellent forum.

just recently i have bought a celeron g530 pc because i wanted to replace my old athlon64/3200+ with something better and also not to spend too much.

i found the celeron's performance worst than the athlon64 especially on audio editing (wave and mp3 files) but with video encoding things are much better.

my cpu full load while i encode youtube flv videos to divx with xilisoft video converter v.6 is only 62% which it seems is good.

please, i ask to know if diferrent bios settings and some windows tweaks can help a little the situation.

i can send you an aida report for my pc if somebody is interested.

i am running windows xp pro sp3 32 bit and sony acid music studio 7, adobe audtion 2 with various vst plugins and xilisoft video converter v.6.

pc configuration :

celeron g530 cpu with apacer 2 gb of ram ddr3 ( ok i know that celeron can see ram freq. of 1033 only) asus p8h61m-le rev.3 with bios version 1.0 with onboard graphics seagate barracuda 250 gb sata3 hd linkworld 350 watts psu with efficiency .70% i think pagefile size total for .c and partition .e is 4000 mb

i thanking you very much in advance

lotvic 12:59 PM 09 Nov 12

You could put 2 gb more ram in making total of 4 gb. XP 32 bit will not recognise or be able to use any more than 4 gb.

Chronos the 2nd 13:43 PM 09 Nov 12

The Celeron G530 is a budget CPU so you really are getting what you pay for. As lotvic quite rightly says upgrade your RAM to 4GB which should help.

notia 16:54 PM 23 Nov 12

good afternoon to all,

first let me thank very much all of you that replied to my post regarding my celeron performance.

i apologize for the very long delay in reply but i must explain that i had my grandfather's death so i couldnt reply earlier.

i have all ready installed a corsair ddr3 4 gb ram ok windows xp 32 bit can see only up to 3 gb's but again the celeron performance is not what i expected from a dual core cpu with level3 cache.

possibly i have to tweak some bios settings in order to get a decent performance.

thanks again for your replies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know