I am losing my mind over my PC

kayell1 20:40 01 Aug 09

PLease help me someone before I throw my PC in the bin.

For the last three weeks I seem to be experiencing one problem after another.
Firstly my broadband download speed was dreadfully slow (two hours to download 114 mbytes)..after contacting BT this has improved only slightly but now I am having to re-sign in every few minutes as I am losing my connection. (I have a BT engineer coming out to see me in a couple of days so it may get cured).
Now I am constantly getting a stream of new windows appearing on my screen which interupt the web site I am on and they all appear with similar site addresses...for example...
click here

in addition I am regularly getting a window saying "Internet Explorer Script Error" and asking me if I want to continue on this page?

Also, one of the BT helpers (from India call centre) took over trying to help and I ended up with a BT Yahoo home page without 'my favourites' list.

Can anyone throw any light on just what is going wrong...simple PC english please!
I am using XP.

kayell1 20:43 01 Aug 09

Hi again...It should have said...
url.urtbk.com/cpv.jsp?p=110955&partnerMin=0.0028&ronMin=0.0028&url=Internet+Explorer+cannot+display+the+webpage&ip=81.157.37.133&selectedKeyword=ron&selectedListingId=7292712...... where it says 'click here' above.

rdave13 20:46 01 Aug 09

Firstly your link is a bad one. It even cancelled the WOT protection.
Start in safe mode and run your security programs. Safemode; click here

lotvic 20:55 01 Aug 09

Your computer is infected. You need to run the Free program MBAM from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Follow the instructions on bleepingcomputer.com click here which also will explain what has happened to your pc as it is the post of someone who has exactly the same problem.

RobCharles1981 21:01 01 Aug 09

+2 With rdave13 run your security programs in safemode as a second solution.

kayell1

Could you post your line stats from your BT Hub and Ile have a look to see whats going on with your line:

Here are the instructions on what to do:

There is a page within the router GUI that displays the line stats. Click the link below.

click here.

Alternatively, click the link below:

click here

Click on Broadband Connection on the left of the main screen, choose DSL Connection and finally choose Details at the top right of the page.

rdave13 21:22 01 Aug 09

Once you run your security apps in safe mode, they might clear enough malware/virus', so that in 'normal' mode you can download lotvic's malwarebytes and run that program in normal mode.
Hopefully you can also download superantispyware and run in safe mode.
click here ;the free version.

kayell1 13:40 02 Aug 09

thanks for responses....
my test results from BTSPEEDTESTER are...

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Your DSL connection rate: 992 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP profile for your line is - 500 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 425 kbps

this is a big improvement from a few days ago when the actual IP throughput was only 84 kbps.

kayell1 13:47 02 Aug 09

rdave13 ....I have downloaded and scanned using malwarebytes and it found ten malwares...I also ran Bullguard (which I already have on my system) just prior to Malwarebytes but it found none ???
Can you tell me what I should do after I have started my pc in safe mode to run my security programs...do you mean the windows security programs or those I have already installed such as bullguard please?

rdave13 14:18 02 Aug 09

Download superantispyware then update it (Link in previous post) and run a full scan in safe mode. Might take a bit of time. Delete all it finds. Reboot in normal mode and see how it goes.

RobCharles1981 15:23 02 Aug 09

kayell1

You have missed my instruction please follow:

Your Line Stats are stored in your router.

There is a page within the router GUI that displays the line stats. Click the link below.

click here.

click here

Click on Broadband Connection on the left of the main screen, choose DSL Connection and finally choose Details at the top right of the page.

RobCharles1981 15:24 02 Aug 09

click here.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…