//some 3rd party need geo

i am having problems with dialers

blueboy2uk 13:08 16 Nov 05

i have tried all the uaual programms to remove them, i am using windows 2000 does it have system restore the same as xp if so should i turn it off , i have removed loads of items but they keep comming back any ideas please folks, and by the way if it has system restore where do i find it?.

thanks

Widows Son 13:12 16 Nov 05

click here

Which should sort the problem out - although it's prob. as good excuse as you'll get to go broadband and disconnect your modem :)

Skyver 13:25 16 Nov 05

No system restore in Win2k - probably spyware reloading itself. Try a scan with Ewido and install Spywareblaster and keep it up to date (click here to get both).
Finally, something to monitor your dial up settings;
Antidialer - click here

961 13:27 16 Nov 05

1) I don't think windows 2000 has system restore

2) What are you using to remove these? Have you tried spywareblaster which should prevent re-ocurrence?

Widows Son 13:48 16 Nov 05

you use BT. International calls they'll charge you £1.50 per month to block.

blueboy2uk 14:37 16 Nov 05

sorry i think i used the wrong words,i am not using dial up internet i have broadband, the problem is what you call hijackers web pages open up all on their own,even if i am not using the internet and sometimes i find that there may be as many as 12 windows open one on top of the other, i have used microsoft anti spy, anti vir, the yarhoo task bar that has built in anti spy , crap cleaner , norton virus and a few others, should i unplug my broadband connection and run the programms or can you please advise of software that will do the job.

blueboy

Skyver 14:45 16 Nov 05

Ewido has picked up more in one scan than Adaware or Spybot put together on every machine I've run it on so far. See above

Skyver 14:47 16 Nov 05

And yes, disconnect broadband when Ewido has updated.

PaulB2005 14:47 16 Nov 05

Spyware Blaster - click here - install, update, enable all protection, reboot.

That should stop a few nasties so they can be removed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…