I am buying a new pc. what should i buy

rob47 14:53 23 Apr 04

What i want it for is copying films from camcorder to dvds. plus it has to be fast at multiple applications. what should i go for.
thank you.

TomJerry 15:08 23 Apr 04

You can get a machine just for the work, any PC with over 1Ghz CPU and firewire interface will do the job if your camcorder is digital one. You can speed a lot of dosh for a super PC.

The one PC cost £999, I think, is pefect for your requirement no matter your camcorder is digital or anologue.

Which machine I am talking about? Toys R Us click here

If you are really into film editing, you need a dedicated real-time video editing card produced bt matrox: Matrox RT.X10 which costs around £500 itself.

pj123 16:29 23 Apr 04

It doesn't matter how fast the PC is. Coyping from camcorder to DVD is always done in real time. I have an Athlon 2000 pc but to copy a 3 hour tape onto DVD takes at least 5 hours.

TomJerry 00:54 24 Apr 04

ToyRus PC £999 and some extra upgrade, upgrade memory to 1GB, £65, put a RTX10 Realtime Video Editing Card £445 click here. Get an additional HDD for store video files. 160Gb (£80). For real easy digital video recording, get a dvd recorder click here.

swapper 07:39 24 Apr 04

Can I suggest click here

As you know what you want, why not conact a small, excellent company, who will build what you need at a very reasonable cost, AND provide an excellent after sales service.

TomJerry 09:11 27 Apr 04

If you still have not decided, check out some special offers in click here. The systems all got two 200gb HDD, great for video storage and editing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…