I Am Away Message in OE

Clonetrooper 21:39 30 Sep 03

How can I leave an automatic e mail reply to all incoming messages along the lines of 'I am away til December' in Outlook Express 6. I've seen done on some versions of Outlook at work.

VoG II 21:45 30 Sep 03

I'm not sure that it can be done in OE.

In any case, whilst "Out of Office" notifications are fine at work, this is not the case for home users. Basically you are telling all and sundry who e-mail you that your house is empty and awaiting burglars.

Clonetrooper 21:52 30 Sep 03

Fair point VoG but do all my contacts no where I live; I could be at home but just not available.

I can't find it Options menu of OE.

Probably only in Outlook.

Is Outlook any good?

VoG II 21:52 30 Sep 03

It can be done click here

but my advice is don't!

VoG II 21:54 30 Sep 03

Crossed posting there Clonetrooper.

Yes Outlook is good, very good, but if you just want an e-mail client OE is fine. Outlook gives you calendar, appointments, task list and so on.

Clonetrooper 22:00 30 Sep 03

Thanks VoG

krypt1c 22:02 30 Sep 03

Clonetrooper
Whilst you're correct that all your contacts don't know where you live if you get any spam you'll be confirming you're email address ;-)

smegs 00:51 01 Oct 03

Where do U live? When R U going? When R U coming back? Please tell us!! have U got anything go in Ur house?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…