Hyperthreading Problem

PC Worrior 01:33 09 Dec 04

Hi,I am using windows XP with hyperthreading.I have changed to broadband,& it's not working properly since.Contacted ISP,but to no avail.PC works fine on dial up connection.Any help appreciated.

sicknote 01:40 09 Dec 04

Who is you ISP,
Had a problem with BT B/B with P4 hyperthread had to turn H/T off before installing software.

PC Worrior 01:51 09 Dec 04

I am with ESAT BT.Support not much good though.

ste_bla 02:47 09 Dec 04

Is it the computer not working properly or the internet connection?

I doubt hypertreading would cause a problem.

Prehaps if you changed modems when you got BB that might be messing up (usb modems no end of trouble with me!)

PC Worrior 03:05 09 Dec 04

Well, I know for a fact that it's the modem...can't handle the hyperthreading, & ESAT BT say that they *MAY* have drivers on the way,but no guarantee.What they suggest is turning off the H/T.(Where's the point in having it in the first place if it can't be utilized)? The PC itself is working perfectly.Maybe a new modem is called for.Is there one that doesn't use a USB? Thanks.

sicknote 09:58 09 Dec 04

Although i say turned off H/T for installation of modem software,Once modem is working H/T was turned back On.
This was a work around given to me by BT until new drivers available.

PC Worrior 21:27 11 Dec 04

I was also onto ISP,& they told me new drivers expected soon but now have changed to...Buy a new modem that supports XP with H/T....Your suggestion works a treat...Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…