Hyperthreading

Gary 16:46 31 Mar 03

I have Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz based computer with the following components:

Creative Audigy 2 Sound Card
Creative Titanium Ti 4800 Graphics Card
Etec 56k v92 Modem
Hauppauge Win TV PVR250 TV Card
Windows XP Professional Edition

The motherboard and processor support hyperthreading, which is enabled by default. However, I am having problems with blue-screen-of-death crash-outs. These have occurred under the following circumstances:

* Scanning using an EPSON Perfection 1240U Flatbed scanner

* Dialling up to the Internet

* Scanning for channels using the TV card

* Just after clicking my username on the welcome screen as Windows was starting up.

The only way I can get the computer to run in a stable state is to disable hyperthreading. The computer then runs perfectly, but I really want to be able to take advantage of hyperthreading and would like to be able to enable it again.

I have downloaded the latest drivers for the TV card and sound card and confirmed with their manufacturers that there are not compatability issues with hyperthreading. But - the problem still occurs.

Has anyone else had any problems with hyperthreading and managed to resolve them? Anyone have any ideas as to what the cause of my problem might be?

All suggestions greatly appreciated...

bfoc 16:52 31 Mar 03

But I had major problems with the setup of a newly purchased Hyperthreading machine. In the end I decided to downgrade, to get a more stable machine!

Hope you get yours sorted and i'll keep an eye on what people say!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…