HyperOS Completion

flecc 12:49 26 Jan 03

Here's the links to the previous two postings o this:-

click here
click here

I've finally got XP installed and running reliably on it. There were two problems preventing that previously. One was that XP was configuring itself as being on an earlier partition which resulted in it insisting it was moved before it would boot, and this in turn triggered HyperOS's Winmove.exe. That then completed the move but this resulted in XP changing it's configuration yet again. A bit of manual editing put that right.

The other problem which intermittently prevented completion of the boot process was that XP had problems with accepting the activation details. I'd had to use the old number that I already had since the key number supplied with the computer was incorrect, but XP wasn't happy about that. I've managed to get it activated despite that and XP has shut up about that now.

I've also tried to put the system onto my number three computer, but it's 400 Celeron and 10 gb drive are inadequate. The minimum spec is a 400 Pentium and 20 gb hard drive accoerding to HyperOS so I was expecting too much.

Overall I'd warmly recommend this system. It's very fast, supersonic in the Hyperdrive mode that I'm on at the moment, very stable, has a near perfect backup system built in, and has the Partition Magic included that's needed to set things up.

It's the perfect way to get a new lease of life from those older operating systems for the internet, gaming etc. Windows 95 runs well, 98SE even better, ME is transformed since it's system restore is automatically shut down and those resources released in addition to what HyperOS gives, and the same happens to XP, those restore systems being made unnecessary by the internal backup system.

So I don't consider it expensive. XP Home plus Partition Magic will cost you more, and HyperOS gives you 10 systems for the money. From Windows 95 through to XP, all Windows versions are accepted.

Irishman 13:26 26 Jan 03

Sounds bloody brilliant! I looked at the ads for HyperOS a few times but could never quite get my head round the whole idea! Your determination to get XP on there is worthy of a medal.

powerless 13:39 26 Jan 03

Most people have trouble managing one operating system let alone 95 to XP at once.

So to average joe bloggs user, to me this HyperOS is uselss albeit its has many advantages.

Who is HyperOS aimed at?

Qmar 14:47 26 Jan 03

...being basic here,indulge me:.. could someone run SPEEDOS and a full-WIN98 from the same hd?.. and would the data associated with either system be mutually secure to any degree.. say if running IE6 or Opera on one of them.?
..you mentioned backing up&restoring a system ( with HyperOS)is easier than using DriveImage..just to clarify.

Qmar 14:50 26 Jan 03

my system at the momement has PIII 500MHz 10GB hd..( & a usb 30GB HD-laptop type ).

flecc 16:48 26 Jan 03

Powerless, it's aimed at anyone including you! You start with a system and duplicate it as much as you like, or you install various systems. Either way you have the benefit of systems that stay small and clean because each does only it's narrowly defined job. Changeover between them is fast of course.

Managing them isn't a problem. They are all backed up in seconds so if one develops any error at all, you just replace it which takes literally 10 seconds. Anyone who can manage one Windows system without help can manage this system with ease.

Then there's the benefit of it being so fast, expecially in it's hyperdrive mode, so how you can say it's useless completely defeats me!

flecc 16:56 26 Jan 03

Qmar, yes you can run those two or any others up to 10 or 20 systems depending on the version. Each is on it's own partition so is isolated and secure.

As with any multiboot system, the data is best kept on separate data partitions although you can access data held on other drives if you prefer it that way.

Yes, Opera on one, IE on another, Netscape on a third if you like, and if you have them as Hyperdrive systems you surf at quite a speed, I'm on that now. You know that Click Here at entering this site for when you are delayed entering? Well the hyperdrive kicks that into instant action!

You must use IDE drives though, and that 10 gb is too small really to hold the C and additional drives. Look back and you'll see that the backups are kept on C so that needs space. It would run two systems on that drive, but £175 for that would hardly be worthwhile.

flecc 19:57 26 Jan 03

A bit faster now it's settled down, reboot to another system in about 50 seconds, or 40 seconds into Hyperdrive. Only XP holds things up a little when you leave that system as it adds about a minute due to it's very slow shutdown. Booting into it is fine though.

woodchip 20:21 26 Jan 03

One point that seem's would be worth it just on it's own merit, Is if you are in Hyperdrive in other words Ram is that virus's would be removed when you come out of Hyperdrive ie ram only thing that would stay is the things that are save to another drive.????? Is that right

Tek. 04:04 28 Jan 03

Having said my hello's on another thread now, I am extremely zested by all the above information and since recieving you Acronis and Drive Image on disc I have been experimenting ever since stripping windows systems and making various multiple boot systems and always seem to come across a few glitches here and there for no apparent reason ( or a reason which I cannot yet fathom ) and if perchance you have all the info relating to your mutliple boot and related subjects in one storage file or various stoarge files I would be in your debt if you could pass it on to me... maybe ??

[email protected]

Tek.

Very-very good reading.

flecc 18:41 28 Jan 03

There's a mail on the way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…