Hyperlinks not working

Maturin 17:53 14 Nov 05

When I click on a hyperlink anywhere in email or webpages, my computer opens windows explorer and asks me to save file. What must I reset to tell Windows (XP SP2) to hop onto internet when a hyperlink is clicked? I am happy to fiddle in the registry if need be.

mattyc_92 17:57 14 Nov 05

Could you please create a screen-dump (I can explain now to do this if needed), and upload it to click here and post a link to your image, so I can understand what you mean?

Maturin 18:02 14 Nov 05

Thanks for offering to help.

Please explain 'screen dump'. I shall do as you say later tonight when I am home with the laptop which is the culprit. My desktop PC at home is fine having a similar setup so I am mystified why the laptop doe not like hyperlinks.

maturin

VoG II 18:07 14 Nov 05

click here - applies to Outlook Express as well.

Maturin 18:09 14 Nov 05

Thank you for the link. I have Outlook 2003 SP2 - I shall see if Microsoft KB can help with this too.

mattyc_92 18:15 14 Nov 05

If you look near the top-right of your keyboard, you will notice a "PrtScn" key. Press this and it will "capture" EVERYTHING you can see off the screen and then open up something like "Paint" and paste the image (hold "Ctrl" and press "V"). Save this file and upload it to the site I posted.

Here is an example click here That is an EXACT image of what I can see on my screen when I pressed the "PrtScn" key......

Maturin 20:05 14 Nov 05

Here is link to image of what I see after a click on a link in an email - click here

You can see windows is looking for an executable. perhaps VoG's link to MS can help me

Maturin

Maturin 20:26 14 Nov 05

Change file association from VoG's link has resolved the problem almost completely. Perhaps Mattyc (and others) can resolve the opening of the executable window and my problem will be completely resolved

Maturin

VoG II 20:29 14 Nov 05

You could try the HTM/HTML fix click here

VoG II 20:29 14 Nov 05

Better link click here

mattyc_92 21:01 14 Nov 05

What was the link you clicked onto for that (refering to your "screendump") to appear?
Please post it so we can rule out a "download" link.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…