Hyperlinks in MS Word

JulieB 12:45 06 Jun 03

Is there any way I can customise my hyperlinks in Word. I want to be able to customise the font style, size and colou, so that the chsoen style becomes my default. At the moment I am just editing each one after I've created it and it's taking too long and is too much of a faff! By the way I know you can customise in other programs but for the purpose of what I'm doing I have to use Word.

MichelleC 12:53 06 Jun 03

I think you can do it via 'themes', ie:

Change the style of hyperlinks in Word documents
Open the document that contains the hyperlinks you want to change.

On the Format menu, click Style.
Show Me

To change the appearance of a hyperlink, click Hyperlink in the Styles box, and then click Modify.
To change the appearance of a followed hyperlink, click FollowedHyperlink in the Styles box, and then click Modify.

Click Format, and then click Font.

Select the options you want.
Tips

You can also use themes to change the appearance of hyperlinks and other elements in your document or Web page.

To use animated text, click the Text Effects tab in the Font dialog box, and then click the option you want in the Animations box. For instance, you could use Las Vegas Lights or Sparkle Text to point out the hyperlinks in your document.

To use the modified Hyperlink or FollowedHyperlink style in new documents based on the same template, select the Add to template check box in the Modify Style dialog box. Word adds the modified style to the template attached to the active document.

Agent Smith 12:53 06 Jun 03

Have you tried using the Paint Brush utility to edit your hyperlinks?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…