Hyperlinks in e-mails not working

bobsyeruncle 22:00 22 Oct 04

Unable to work out why hyperlinks in e-mails stopped working about a week ago. Can't recall loading anything, changing any settings but obviously something's blocking them. Using Windows XP2, Norton Internet Security (which has always been fine for me) and a Hotmail account via BT Broadband. Any clues out there?

VoG II 22:02 22 Oct 04
  bobsyeruncle 23:12 22 Oct 04

Thanks. I've never used Outlook Express before (as suggested in your link), but when I did try it and copied my Hotmail folders over, the links in the e-mails work. However, no pictures are downloaded and a message appears saying they've been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying my computer. Click here to down load them. Is this normal? Also, is it OK to download the pictures if I know where the e-mail has come from (eg PC Advisor)? Final question - is Outlook Express as good as / better than MSN Hotmail anyway, because the links still don't work there?

The pictures are blocked because you have SP2 installed. This feature prevents senders of malicious emails obtaining your IP address. If you are happy with the origin of the email then click the bar to show the pictures.

VoG II 23:27 22 Oct 04

And/or in Outlook Express, Tools/Options, Security tab, untick the option to block pictures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…