milkybarkid 14:44 28 Sep 05

Can someone please advise if it is possible to hyperlink in an Excel cell to an Outlook e-mail message?

johnnyrocker 14:48 28 Sep 05

could it not be done via the insert note feature?

MAJ 14:51 28 Sep 05

It's possible to do it with Outlook Express email so I guess it's also possible with an Outlook email message. It wont work though if you give the Excel file to someone else, coz they wont have the email on their computer.

milkybarkid 14:52 28 Sep 05

Please explain

MAJ 14:53 28 Sep 05

recap 14:56 28 Sep 05

Right-click the text or graphic you want to represent the hyperlink, and then click Hyperlink on the shortcut menu.

Under Link to on the left side of the dialog box, click E-mail address.

In the E-mail address box, type the e-mail address you want.

In the Subject box, type the subject of the e-mail message.

Note that some Web browsers (Web browser: Software that interprets HTML files, formats them into Web pages, and displays them. A Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, can follow hyperlinks, transfer files, and play sound or video files that are embedded in Web pages.) and e-mail programs might not recognize the subject line.

To assign a tip to be displayed when you rest the pointer on the hyperlink, click ScreenTip, type the text you want in the ScreenTip text box, and then click OK.

SANTOS7 14:56 28 Sep 05

click here
this may help..

milkybarkid 15:20 28 Sep 05

Thanks everyone. Dear Recap. This works fine provided that I havnt sent the e-mail. Can I link to an e-mail already sent?

milkybarkid 15:23 28 Sep 05

The link doesnt retain the text sent in the e-mail!

j3nks 15:37 28 Sep 05

Save the email as a .msg file into a folder on the hard disk and link to that location and specific file.
Email will show exactly as it did in outlook

recap 15:53 28 Sep 05

milkybarkid, try saving the email as a Draft copy and linking it that way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…