Hyperlink in word

lazanda 11:09 04 Mar 04

I am creating a manual in word and the hyperlinks do not work. (You have to Ctrl click).
Can anyone tell me how I get these to work properly ?

I know this is not exactly web design but you guys are the closest help room.

Hax 11:21 04 Mar 04

Highlight or select what you are using as the link, be it text or a drawing.

Goto Insert/Hyperlink.

Type in the web page address or filename you are linking to.

Clik "Existing File or Webpage"

OK your way out and that should be it.

lazanda 11:27 04 Mar 04

I have added the hyperlink but it just wont actually work. I just keep getting the Ctrl click thing

Big Elf 11:38 04 Mar 04

I don't know if this will work. Select Insert, AutoText, AutoText and on the AutoFormat tab ensure a tick is in the 'Internet and networks paths with hyperlink'.

stlucia 11:49 04 Mar 04

Not sure what you mean by they don't work: In Word they're not like on the internet -- you can't just click on them; you have to hold down CTRL and then click on them. So what happens when you do that? Do you get a page not found message, or just no reaction at all?

Big Elf 11:55 04 Mar 04

I've just created a couple of hyperlinks in a document and didn't have to hold down Ctrl to jump to a bookmark or top of page?

lazanda 11:55 04 Mar 04

I thought they would just work like a hyperlink, they do in excel. But I will just have to tell the users to Ctrl Click.

lazanda 11:59 04 Mar 04

Big Elf!

I have clicked this box and still no joy. Anything else I should do ?

Big Elf 12:05 04 Mar 04

I don't know. If you email me then I'll send you a simple 1 page Word 2000 document I've just knocked up with 3 hyperlinks in. You can then see whether they work correctly.

lazanda 12:10 04 Mar 04

Just FYI in case somebody else comes accross this. If you go to Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Edit tab.
Clear the Use CTRL+Click to follow hyperlink check box.

Thanks for all those who replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…