hyperlink not responding in outlook

scarylee 22:52 11 Dec 06

I can't open internet explorer through an email hyperlink. I've not had this problem in the past but I did change some of my settings yesterday. Is there anything I may have accidently removed?

anskyber 22:56 11 Dec 06

click here works for Outlook Express as well.

scarylee 23:00 11 Dec 06

thanks anskyber, however this only seems to be for windows 2000 or 2002, sorry I should have mentioned I have XP and yes using outlook express.

anskyber 23:04 11 Dec 06

It is for Office 2000 and 2003 but also works for Outlook Express. They are programs not the Windows operating System

scarylee 23:20 11 Dec 06

have got as far as number 3 on method 1 and the default browser is enabled. However can't continue with number 4 as I don't see where I can click reset web settings in the dialog box.

skidzy 23:43 11 Dec 06

Try this:

Click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open box, type msimn /reg, and then click OK.
(Note that you will not see anything happen.)

In Internet Explorer click Options on the Tools menu.

Click the Programs tab and select Outlook Express as the default e-mail client and as the default news client. You can change those later if you wish.

And if no joy:

1)

Click Start, and then click Run.

2)

In the Open box, type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.

3)

Repeat step 1 for each of the following commands:
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 msjava.dll

scarylee 00:00 12 Dec 06

thx Skidzy & Anskyber, will try this tomorrow evening when I'm more awake! thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…