hyperlink images into word document

Rhodie 15:07 16 Aug 04

Originally had MGI Photosuite 8.06 with windows 98.
Have recently installed windows XP, can no longer create hyperlinks in word documentS to my photos. When I create the hyperlink and click it PHOTOSUITE opens but no picture, just blank. Any suggestions.

Rhodie 22:25 16 Aug 04

surely someone must have some ideas?

User-312386 23:16 16 Aug 04

I assume you are selecting the correct picture?

I.E. you click on the word, select hyperlink, a box pops up and then you click on the folder, then the picture

Rhodie 21:42 17 Aug 04

Madboy
yes it used to work when I had windows 98SE on my computer when I only used MGI Photosuite.
Purchased a new hard drive and installed windows XP professional (not an upgrade).
I then installed MGI photosuite and later PaintShop photo album 4.
The hyperlink works to window bmp images but not mgi photosuite images

User-312386 22:58 17 Aug 04

oh i see

you need to re-associate the files to open in MGI

Right click the file type images you want to re-associate, select "open with" then click on "choose programme"

Now scroll down the list to MGI and click on that and then tick the box that says "always use the selected programme to open this kind of file"

Rhodie 01:13 19 Aug 04

Madboy
thanks for the help, I tried your suggestion but still didn't work.
Think I've solved the problem, assume MGI Photosuite which is an old prog for windows 95 was conflicting with photo album. Have uninstalled MGI and hyperlinks now work perfectly.

User-312386 05:32 19 Aug 04

nice one

click the resolved box though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…