Hyper-threading

281apple 07:29 11 Oct 05

Hi, my Dazzle Hollywood DV-Bridge, which I have been using for three years, now has problems of instability in that (using Studio 9) the transfere stops about every 30 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes. There is, however, no problem trasnfering from a digital camcorder thru Studio. Dazzle support people suggested I disable Hyper-Threading in the BIOS but I do not know much about the BIOS and even less about Hyper-Threading. Can anyone shed some light on Hyper-Threading please.

Monoux 08:34 11 Oct 05

Try click here for more info

Grantrh 08:39 11 Oct 05

If you press the delete key at the start of your boot up process you will get into the Bios.

Check your motherboard manual for how to turn hyperthreading off but don't change any of the other settings. Then save the changes you have made.

281apple 09:23 11 Oct 05

Thanks Monoux but I have a Fujitus laptop and the manual does not cover bios except to say how to open it and close it which I kind of know already. I already went in and did not find it.

Grantrh, I already read the artcle you recommended but about two thirds of it is Greek to me. Thanks anyway.

281apple 09:25 11 Oct 05

YOUR ANSWERS HELPED ME KNOW THAT What I really need to know is where can I find Hyper-Threading in the BIOS ?

gudgulf 11:03 11 Oct 05

What processor does your laptop have,and what model is it?

This will help us find the information you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced