Hw & where 2 find & put video file after download?

Triprajul 23:01 06 May 10

Greetings:

I am downloading some TV shows for my wife at the present time. Unfortunately, I really don’t understand the process that is going on. I found the episodes at a certain TV website. The files listed on this website are available at click here I go there and I begin the process of downloading a particular episode.

When I click the download button at rapidshare.com , I get a window that states that I have two choices: Open it with a certain Media Player or SAVE this file. I click for the default which is Open it with a certain Media Player. After downloading the episode, it ends up in a folder named as follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim\Local Settings\Temp

I know that the episode is in a temporary folder on Drive C: However, if I closed all windows I wouldn’t know how to find this folder again (yes, I am an extreme computer newbie).

I get as far as:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim but after that I am lost. How do I get to “LocalSettings\Temp”?

If I can find the file again, I don’t know what to do with it after that. I do know enough to run a virus scan on the downloaded file before I open it but should I do after this?

I know that I can I handle this in a better way? Should I keep these files in this “temp” file or I should I move them to an existing folder or one I create for this purpose? Basically, I don’t want to reinvent the wheel. Just please tell me what works for you and especially tell me how I can find this folder on my computer again. It would be very much appreciated.

Kevscar1 06:11 07 May 10

Best to click save as rather than open. Then choose a folder which you will remember. You could create one on your c drive called my videos.
Once downloadded you can doubleclick the file and the media player should open and run it.

Triprajul 06:58 07 May 10

Dear Kevscar:

Thank you for your reply above. Actually, I would like to create a folder on c drive called "MASH" so that my wife could find it easily (the TV shows in question are for her). However, how can I create a file on c drive called "MASH"? Also, exactly where on the c drive? The step-by-step" instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Triprajul 07:00 07 May 10

Dear Kevscar and everyone:

Just correcting the title of my last posting. I pressed the Enter button too soon.

natdoor 10:45 07 May 10

1. Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows key and "E" concurrently.

2. In the left pane, left click on C drive.

3. Click on "File" in the menu and then "New" and "Folder".

4. A new folder will appear in the right pane. Click on this and the "File" and "Rename"

5. Type the name that you want for the new folder. It is then ready to accept any files you wish to store.

The new folder does not have to be avtop level folder. You could alternatively click on any existing folder (such as My Documents) and create the new folder there as a sub-folder by clicking on the folder which is to contain the sub-folder, instead of C drive, at step 2

Triprajul 16:40 07 May 10

Greetings:

In reference to my last posting about how and where to download videos to my computer, my system is Windows XP (SP2) and I use Mozilla Firefox as my brower. I hope that this is helpful.

ronalddonald 16:51 07 May 10

did you read my post before bremer i think was told you ticked it resolved did ya try what i wrote, If you find the video and click on it windows should ask which file you want to open it with try Microsoft windows player

tullie 20:24 07 May 10

Have i lost the plot Ronald?Are you in the correct thread?

ronalddonald 23:42 07 May 10

tullie click here

tullie 19:27 09 May 10

Thanks for that,missed it because you answered the other thread in this one,which i hadent read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…