'The Hun' and Internet Explorer

Does anyone know how to get rid of a website called 'The Hun' ? When I enter a URL into the browser it clicks over to this website. I have used Adaware, Spybot and the find prog in Windows to try and find it but to no avail. I have re-installed IE from Microsoft but it still comes up after a short while.Your assistance would be greatfully appreciated.

alcudia 16:04 26 Nov 03

Do you have the full URL as Google throws a fair number of sites which include these words. Most of them of a nature that my wife wouldn't want me to visit. It looks like something may have got onto your system.

I would do a registry search and see if anything shows up.

alcudia

I'll have look this evening when I get home - yes,it is one of those sites. Thanks.

Gongoozler 16:15 26 Nov 03

I think you may find that Hijackthis will find this one click here

Lionheart ? 16:21 26 Nov 03

You could install SpywareGuard this will stop it

click here

Thanks for the suggestions - I wiil persue your ideas this evening when I get home.

Jakey boy 16:31 26 Nov 03

Just another program to try - get a hold of the program PestPatrol. It's gotten rid of every "pest" i've picked up no problem.

Thanks for the suggestion - I will look later - I am closing down now and will get back on about 9.30pm aftyer trying out all the ideas.

Thanks for the response.

Following on from the suggestions received this afternoon, I have downloaded PestPatrol and SpywareGuard - I already had Hijackthis on board. The results are that PestPatrol found two small problems (now deleted) neither of which seemed to concern the problem. Hijackthis found nothing suspicious. Installed Spywareguard, started up IE (I'm using Mozilla at present - excellent browser) and there was no sign of the Hun - great. I am not sure why, but IE seems to take excessive time to access and even more time to download the helproom, so much so that I closed it down and came back to Mozilla. Anyway guys, it looks as though there is a good chance that you have solved the problem and I extend my sincere thanks to all who participated. I don't know if anyone has an answer yet to a previous question I had about an accounts prog called 'Quickbooks' not being able to find IE - perhaps you could look back for the full question under 'Quickbooks'.

B F N

Bignostrils

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…