Humax - freesatplus query

pookie 13:22 22 Apr 09

Hi

I have freesat currently through a skybox with skydish. i have a hd ready tv with hdmi socket.

I really fancy the humax freesat box that gives hd to some channels and also has a hard drive build in. Thing is I thought i would just needed to unplug my skybox and literally plug the sky disk aerial cables into the humax but i've read that not all sky dishs will work with the humax and my dish may need to be updated with more cables from it? is that right. shame if so as the humax would be my budget max without paying for new dish as well.

many thanks

P

OTT_Buzzard 13:37 22 Apr 09

I'd be suprised if the Humax box doesn't work with a sky dish. All the channels come off the same satelites so providing the dish is pointing in the right diection you will be able to pick up the channels.

OTT_Buzzard 13:41 22 Apr 09

Fourth from the bottom on this FAQ page:

click here

AlouetteIII 13:49 22 Apr 09

I think the Humax is twin tuner, so two feeds from the dish are needed.

Graham. 14:04 22 Apr 09

The Humax HDR is indeed twin tuner, so you can record one channel and view another (with pause, if necessary). Two feeds are necessary for this, though, which may need a quad LNB fitted to the dish if you only have a single LNB.

It will work with one feed, but you will not have this facility.

Stuartli 14:23 22 Apr 09

As the Humax FOXSat PVR has BBC/ITV Freesat twin tuners, how would it record Sky programmes?

Graham. 14:34 22 Apr 09

You can't record Sky on this Humax.

AlouetteIII 15:21 22 Apr 09

I don't think anyone said anything about recording Sky?

The Old Mod 15:38 22 Apr 09

Hi, installed one this morning, I had to replace the single LNB with a quad LNB and ran two new cables, it will work with one cable, but requires two, so that you can watch one channel while watching another as has already been stated.

The Old Mod 15:40 22 Apr 09

Sorry, meant to say, watch one channel while recording another!

Stuartli 15:59 22 Apr 09

I know that..:-)

It was a bit tongue in cheek - I assumed that pookie also required it for that purpose as Sky Freesat (FreeToAir) was mentioned.

Details of Sky's FTA channels at:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5