Humax Freesat+ HDD video recorder

Pineman100 11:22 24 Nov 08

I just wondered whether anyone has heard any news of a launch date for the Freesat+ PVR.

Humax have been promising "mid-November" for some time now, but there's no sign of it yet.

Anyone know anything?

MichaelF 11:46 24 Nov 08

I understand that stock will be available from 1st december.
Comet are advertsing it on their site now.

eedcam 12:52 24 Nov 08

Try Humax 's own forum on digital spy
click here

Stuartli 13:41 24 Nov 08

See this thread:

click here

One of the offspring went to Argos on Saturday - seems they have the Humax Foxsat PVR in central stock at present.

His is being delivered later this week.

Stuartli 13:50 24 Nov 08

Just a small point - the new Bush equivalent is a re-badged Humax PVR, in common with a Freeview model it sold/sells.

Ironically in a very well known consumer magazine's subscribers' survey earlier this year, the Freeview Bush model earned a 100 per cent reliability rating...:-)

If that doesn't tell you a lot about Humax.......

Pineman100 18:31 24 Nov 08

for that information. As soon as I've got Freesat, I'm planning to cancel my exhorbitant satellite TV subscription (no names, but...!), so I'm champing at the bit.

I've already had a fair bit of advice on this topic before (many thanks, Stuartli!), but I have one further technical question about the PVR.

Assuming I have a twin LNB and two cables, I know that I can watch one channel while recording another. But could I also record two channels simultaneously (if, say, I was out for the evening)?

Graham. 19:33 24 Nov 08

Simultaneous playback of previous recording and recording of 2 channels, see click here

Note that Comet are no longer listing it, must be sold out.

Graham. 19:37 24 Nov 08

Sorry, that's Freeview. Try click here

Pineman100 10:03 25 Nov 08

If Comet have sold out already, I'd better get my order in elsewhere, double-quick!

Many thanks to everyone for your contributions.

Pineman100 10:34 25 Nov 08

I've tried Argos, Currys, Comet and John Lewis. Nobody has any.

Anyone got any suggestions where I might get one?

oldbeefer2 10:44 25 Nov 08

Maplins for £274, but they too are 'out of stock'. Patience required, methinks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…