"hugesearch.net" headache

ozzippo 22:19 09 Jan 04

I run AOL 8.0 on windows 98se, When I type a web address in top banner it directs me onto "hugesearch.net" search engine. I've ran ad-aware 6(2) and avg 6.0 and deleted my temp internet files & even put http:// infront and it still comes up. does anyone have any other ideas b4 I backup my files & delete & re-install windows 98, or is that the only answer.

VoG II 22:20 09 Jan 04

Try Spybot click here also CWShredder click here

VoG II 22:24 09 Jan 04
  Nellie2 22:44 09 Jan 04

Coolwebshredder should do the trick as hugesearch is a coolweb infection. If you are still having problems then go here for help click here(Hijack logs don't post very well here)

lilliebet 00:36 10 Jan 04

The best place to go for help with hijack or other security problems is click here they're upgrading at the minute but give them a short time and they'll sort out any hijack problems you've got. Spybot, Adaware and Shredder are all excellent but they will leave traces behind. Update any or all of the above, have them fix what they find then download and run Hijack this from click here hit Scan, when the scan's finished it will change to Save Log. Don't fix anything yet coz HJT will log all running processes, most of which are good. Copy the log and post in CCPS, someone will check it and tell you if anything needs fixing. Trust me, these are security experts.

johnnyrocker 00:44 10 Jan 04

a bit drastic i feel.

johnny.

lilliebet 00:46 10 Jan 04

Not drastic when you need help. We're not all experts. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…