Huge Problem with Packard Bell Laptop

pigseattruffles 15:50 29 Dec 04

Packard Bell Easynote
Windows XP home + Service Pack 2
cd-rw
no floppy drive

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. My girlfriends fairly new laptop has now decided not to function properly. The problem: You go to sign on and as soon as you sign into your account it logs you straight back out again. It was working fine the night before and now just will not sign in without signing out directly after. Have tried safe mode - same result, just logs back out of the Admin account.
Cannot go to any program on it because it logs out before the start menu and icons can load up.
Would prefer a way in which all of the files are kept (pictures and word docs etc) as there has not been a backup made.

Thanks in advance for this one. Any help would be great.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:21 29 Dec 04
  JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:23 29 Dec 04

Or perhaps better click here

pigseattruffles 16:42 29 Dec 04

Thanks. I will have to try it later when i have the disk. very much appreciate your help

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:45 29 Dec 04

If you get logged in OK, check and get rid of any spyware, virus etc first as have seen reports that they can affect the registry files in this way.

pigseattruffles 13:47 31 Dec 04

The repair worked fine. All was going ok and the repair was done. After being able to access the main screen name i updated all of the virus software and all the spyware software and did a full check. Apart from the usual spyware there was nothing else found and so i thought all was well. However, upon switching the laptop off to see if it did really fix the problem i was met with the same log in log out loop again. No virus, no spyware just a loop. So i did the reapair again... I got in and retried all of the scans. Nothing... but I turned the laptop off again and... yeah, the loop came back.
Any ideas?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 14:57 31 Dec 04

OK this may requires a further step to resolve the log in / log off loop

click here

fred 19:59 31 Dec 04

Switch off system restore and repeat the process

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…