//some 3rd party need geo

a hubby question!!

niknax 21:58 31 Mar 04

i have a mac with an epson colour inkjet printer, a pc with an epson black laser printer!

question is i want the two printers to work from either system!! ie, mac to inkjet & laser! pc to inkjet & laser! i know you need some sort of hub!! but would like more info, many thanks
Nik

woodchip 22:04 31 Mar 04

As these are more than likely USB I am not shure if they work the same as a Parallel port As all that is needed for the above is a switch box. This may be what you need click here

john-232317 22:13 31 Mar 04

You need a rich hubby to buy you 2 more printers ;-)

Simsy 22:35 31 Mar 04

but just to clarify the question...

are you saying that you want to have BOTH printers connected to , and avalable to, BOTH the PC and the MAC simultaneously, so you can print using either printer, from either computer without any replugging?

If I've understood correctly, I suspect, (but I'm open to correction), that it wont be a simple as just using a hub because of the differences between MACs and PCs.

Regards,

Simsy

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:41 31 Mar 04

Dont know if this helps click here

Regards.

woodchip 22:46 31 Mar 04

It should work PC and Mac as the Computer sends the information to the memory in the printer, the auto switch will do the job you require. just make sure you load the printer software and drivers to both comps so it got the correct version of drivers etc

Forum Editor 23:01 31 Mar 04

you'll have drivers for most popular USB inkjet printers, but there may not be one for the laser.

Printing from the PC to the Mac inkjet may be a little complicated
click here for further hep with that.

Ideally you should network the two computers, so each one has access to the other printer via the network.

niknax 22:45 01 Apr 04

thanks but i already have a rich hubby!!

i just want to learn how everthing works!!

thaks everyone for your replies, will keep you posted, how i get on!!

Nicola

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…