HUAWEI SMART AX MT882 MODEM

gibfish26 18:17 17 Feb 08

hi all can anyone give me clear and simple instructions on how to check the M.T.U on this modem and how to change it,i am on talk talk and sick of not being able to connect to internet and when it does connect it will drop after a while,like today tried to log on from 2-30pm to 3-45 pm no chance kept coming up internet explorer cannot display page,just come in now 5-45pm and got on no probs,i have read about other people having same problems and they have changed the M.T.U.and its been fine,would appreciate some advice on this please thanks gibfish26.

mrwoowoo 02:35 18 Feb 08

Found this programme that you could try.
Not sure if it works with a modem although it doesn't say it wont.
Be sure to make a restore point first.
Also very easy to change in a router/modem,but that involves expense obviously.
click here

gibfish26 16:19 19 Feb 08

mrwoowoo
thanks for the link,i have had a look but i find it a bit confusing,theres a lot to take in but thanks.gibfish26

gibfish26 16:19 19 Feb 08

mrwoowoo
thanks for the link,i have had a look but i find it a bit confusing,theres a lot to take in but thanks.gibfish26

brundle 17:09 19 Feb 08

DrTCP changes the MTU for your network adapter, not the router. The router should be set at 1500, or 1492 for PPPoE- if your ISP specifies another value use that though it's inadvisable to fiddle with the router MTU at all; If you set it to say, 1400 and set your adapter MTU higher, the packets will be broken up by the router anyway.

gibfish26 13:22 20 Feb 08

hi brundle
thanks for your advice,what it is,i have been on a couple of other internet forums and people having same issues as me with connection problems have changed their modem M.T.U.setting to 1432 and they say this has made a big difference,but they dont go into detail on how they made the changes.i have also looked on the HUAWEI. web site but cant find any info there.

thanks.gibfish26.

brundle 19:22 20 Feb 08

Instructions here; click here

lots more to read on that site on all aspects of adsl too

brundle 20:42 20 Feb 08

Just double checked that link, not specifically for MTU changes but I expect the MTU size will be under WAN headings too. If not post back.

gibfish26 11:54 21 Feb 08

brundle, thanks for the link i will take a look later today and will get back to you.gibfish26.

Longhouse 14:03 21 Feb 08

Follow th instruction

click here

to initially set up your modem (which it sounds like you've already done). Then to change the MTU settings follow these instructions

click here

Longhouse 14:19 21 Feb 08

Sorry didn't read the full title. The links are for the Echolife modem supplied by TalkTalk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017