Huawei D100 Router..

nufc2009 20:08 05 Aug 10

Hi all, recently just bought a Huawei D100 router to share my mobile broadband connection at home. I have two mobile dongles, a Huawei E169 and Huawei E1750. The E169 is surplus to requirements as the E1750 dongle reaches much more impressive speeds and latency (typically i get 100-110ms ping, 3.5-5mb download, 1.2mb upload - which works amazingly well on xbox live as well with no lag).

Anyway, the Router states it will work with any Huawei mobile dongle, but the E1750 doesnt. so im currently stuck with the rubbish E169 which struggles to open google! I believe this is due to the E1750 been released after the D100 router and so would need a firmware update.

The problem is i cannot find any firmware for it, googling it brings up a ton of suspicious websites on how to unlock the router, im not interested in that. I just want the software on it updating, and also the original backing up.

So, i would really appreciate it if someone could help me on this finding the firmware and how to backup the current one.

Thanks in advance!

Devil Fish 21:09 05 Aug 10

have you looked at the routers settings their may be away of doing it from their

nufc2009 11:28 06 Aug 10

I emailed 3 but doubt i will get a decent reply.

in the router setup pages there is a router restore function, but im pretty sure that wouldnt restore the original firmware if it was overwritten, just the settings.

Also i see no firmware backup option in router.

the only replacement firmware ive seen is once called DNA from finland or something that would unlock the router, but im hesitant in flashing with this.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

nufc2009 12:08 06 Aug 10

never mind i fixed it, managed to the router with official 3 firmware and also had to update the E1750.

cheers anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now