http://secureuptodate.com/

neo1 22:54 15 May 07

hi when i open explorer i get this page opens and says its infected with a virus. were can get a free removal tool to solve the problem thanks in advance
and im currently running win xp

MAJ 23:02 15 May 07

The page appears to be a scam page getting you to download some software which no doubt you have to pay for to remove a non-existant virus. Your homepage might have been hijacked, try switching it back to your usual homepage at IE > Tools > Internet Options > General tab. Download and run Superantispyware, see if it will remove the problem. click here

phono 23:06 15 May 07

I could be wrong but I suspect that this is a site that claims that your PC is infected and invites you to purchase their "great software" to remove an infection that does not exist, will do some research and get back, in the meantime someone with more knowledge may well post.

phono 23:06 15 May 07

You beat me to it.

Allyginger 00:57 16 May 07

I had this on IE today. Although i usually use Firefox. I just happened to go into IE to check a website.This scam page came up on the homepage.I went into the intenet options and changed the homepage back to about blank for me.Deleted all the temp files and cooky files. Changed the privacy to high. Then ran all the anti spyware software and anti virus. Nothing was picked up. Opened up IE again and no scam page. I use AVG anti virus and Spyware, A2, Spybot S&D, Adaware SE, Spyblaster and Microsoft anti malware. I'm back to Firefox now. No trouble on that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…