HTTPS warning on email link to web pages

sunnystaines 13:34 PM 01 Feb 12

"do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely"

"this webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection which could compomise the security of the entire webpage"

Now i had fixed this ages ago, but after a complete reinstall forgotten how to get rid of this dialog box, anyone remind me please.

BurrWalnut 13:43 PM 01 Feb 12

Go to Internet Options > Security Tab > Internet at the top > Custom level at the bottom > Scroll down to Miscellaneous and put a check in Display mixed content.

sunnystaines 13:51 PM 01 Feb 12

thankyou that was handy, hope i got it sorted now.

sunnystaines 07:42 AM 02 Feb 12

do i need to make another settings change? when i open emaails now pictures are not displayed.

BurrWalnut 08:04 AM 02 Feb 12

Are you saying that changing the ‘mixed content’ value is preventing you from seeing email attachments? Unlikely, but it is reversible.

If that is not the case, the solution depends upon which email client you are using.

Have you had an infection recently?

sunnystaines 08:11 AM 02 Feb 12

on opening emails got blank boxes where pictures should be, how do i get thhem displayed as before.

using xp ie8

sunnystaines 08:19 AM 02 Feb 12

think i got it sorted i had ticked disable instead of enable on your original instructions.

BurrWalnut 08:20 AM 02 Feb 12

You haven’t said:

If reversing the setting of ‘mixed content’ has changed receiving email attachments? Send one to yourself to test it.

Which email client (program) you’re using?

BurrWalnut 08:27 AM 02 Feb 12

It looks as though our posts crossed.

I’m glad you’ve fixed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week