http://results5.google.co.uk error

s99Raj 18:11 24 May 10

I'm using Firefox (but this problem happens in IE too) with XP Prof, and when clicking on any link on any web page, I'm always taken to click here
and then onto some random page. I've tried Spoybot and have AVG Internet Security 9 installed but neither have picked up any trojan.

Any ideas please?

Pineman100 18:16 24 May 10

Have you run a full system scan with both Spybot and AVG?

If so, with no success, I should try using System Restore to roll the computer back to a date/time before the problem started. If you have problems running SR in normal mode, try running it in Safe Mode (but remember that any restore done in Safe Mode cannot be undone).

s99Raj 18:20 24 May 10

Yes, I've actually done all that - full System scan with both Spybot and AVG. I also tried a System Restore to when things were fine but the problem was there too.

birdface 08:27 25 May 10

Sorry your click here does not work for me.
But Download and update the free version of Malwarebytes and see what it finds.

click here

Jorscalis 17:54 03 Aug 10

I found this issue at a customer and it happened to be the DNS on the router had been hacked / attacked. When I looked up the DNS it was based in Russia.

I changed the default password on the router and set the DNS to automatic. On the PC's I then ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /dnsflush then ipconfig/renew. Everything now works perfectly.

Hope this helps and let me know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…