http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkld=76277

oldbeefer2 10:36 11 Nov 08

Following the saga with my laptop (click here)which resulted in a reinstall of Visa Home Premium, I now get IE7 defaulting to this microsoft site. Changing home page in Internet Options has no effect - the next time I click IE it opens up this site. Any ideas gratefully received! (Google has given me no help)

Stuartli 12:32 11 Nov 08

When you change the home page in IE, you first need to have the website on screen that is to be the home page.

You then open Internet Options from Tools>General tab>click on Use Current (Page) and confirm it.

Otherwise, each time you open your browser or click on the home page icon, it will revert to the one you don't want.

oldbeefer2 12:49 11 Nov 08

Thanks Stuartli. Did that, and it's OK for that session, but after switching off overnight came up with the same page after starting this morning.

oldbeefer2 13:58 11 Nov 08

With the help of MS click here. Seems a reinstall can cause a blank page to load (by, it would seem, random addresses). Followed the directions and all OK now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…