HTTP port is open, welcome!!! should i close it??

Kitz E Kat 22:41 23 Jun 03

hi ,welcome in on port 80, oh and on port 20 as well, have fun!!!!
I just did a check on my computer which shows i have port 80 the HTTP port and port 20 the FTP port open,should i close them.
I know if i close 20 i will lose no functionality( big word!!!), but will i lose any if i close port 80? Do i need that open for web access or what???
Anyway in the meantime all are welcome, party on down...just keep it quiet....
Kitz E Kat

ericmax 22:57 23 Jun 03

leave port 80 open it allows you to download html web pages look at the web address at the top of your browser it starts with http no port 80 no html.

jazzypop 23:03 23 Jun 03

Had a look, didn't like the music or the beer :)

You need port 80 open if you want to surf. But make sure you have a decent firewall - it will act as a bouncer, keeping uninvited / unwelcome guests away. Sygate is mean to strangers, works all day for nothing, but very polite and easy to manage.

Kitz E Kat 23:09 23 Jun 03

I kinda suspected that it might disable something i might not want diabled, "no port 80 no html".. no way, it stays open!!!!!
So come on in and party,,, watch your step,,, mind that pile of files,,,, try not to put your cigs out on my flight sim,,,
Thanks ericmax,
Kitz E Kat

Kitz E Kat 23:11 23 Jun 03

So Austrian accordian music is not your thing.....
And you have a problem with OldKatPee Beer.....
No class, nope no class at all.....

jazzypop 23:14 23 Jun 03

Factual correction - I LOVE Austrian accordian music and OldKatPee Beer.

It was just a typo - I meant to say I didn't like the musician and his leer. Sorry about the confusion

ericmax 23:48 23 Jun 03

i just love beer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…