HTTP Error 403

swanson2 09:40 24 Sep 05

Hi,

I am running Win XP (Home) with IE 6.

I have just found that when I try and access my e-Mail via my ISP's site I get the following Error Message --

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the email01.wanadoo.co.uk home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

-- I can access this site OK via my wifes PC and also on my PC using Outlook Express.

Any ideas how I might rectift this would be appreciated.

octal 10:48 24 Sep 05

This is what Microsoft have to say on it click here

octal 10:54 24 Sep 05

You could try this:

In Internet Explorer, from the Tools menu, select Internet options.

Click the Advanced tab.

Under Browsing, clear the checkbox for Show friendly HTTP error messages.

Click OK.

Restart the Internet Explorer browser.

If this problem persists after changing this setting and restarting your browser, it may be caused by spyware.

swanson2 16:16 24 Sep 05

Thanks for your suggestions.

I finally tracked the culprit down to Microsoft and their latest Security Update!

After much messing around I found that I could rectify the problem by running sfc /scannow.

But as soon as I loaded the latest MS Security Update I was unable to log into Wanadoo e-Mail and received the "HTTP Error 403" page.

I "system restored" to before the Security Update and everything now works OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…