HTTP 404Not Found Internet Explorer

morganmight 00:01 26 Jul 03

Help,every time i try to call a page up on the NTL World home page i get the error message 'The page cannot be found'.What is HTTP 404 File not found. Internet explorer. Any help
thanks.

Stuartli 00:09 26 Jul 03

The comment is usually accompanied by the message that: "The resource you are looking for may have been removed, had its name changed or is temporarily unavailable."

The server may be down, work being carried out or just a temporary blip.

Usually refreshing or trying again later will bring the page up.

It's something that happens on a regular basis on a vast number of sites.

User-312386 00:09 26 Jul 03

it ususally means that the page is not there

Pusherman 00:12 26 Jul 03

I've just been to the ntlworld site and had a 'click around' and everything seems to be okay.

woodchip 00:12 26 Jul 03

See if this works for you click here

Stuartli 00:16 26 Jul 03

If you continue to have problems downloading the NTL page, try Proxomitron - it's available in the downloads section.

I had the same problem with the PCA pages a while back and Proxomitron cured it instantly, plus stopping popups and ads, which it is geared to do.

But, if you install it, make sure you follow the instructions implicitly...:-)

morganmight 16:21 01 Aug 03

Thanks for your replies i am on holiday at the moment,so i will try your suggestions when i return.

morganmight 08:54 12 Aug 03

Hi everyone,i have returned from my holidays and will try some of your suggestions.
Just to refresh,when i call up NTLworld homepage,the NTLworld homepage appears but is approx 4 weeks out of date.
Also my PCADVISOR threads are not updating on my PC at home where my problem is,concequently,i am posting from my PC at work.
I,ll have a look at this Proxomitron and see if this will help.
Thanks for any more ideas.

Jester2K II 09:01 12 Aug 03

Tools menu, Internet Options, Settings (in the middle right of the page) Check its set to Check For Newer Versions Of Stored Pages - Every Visit.

Basically it showing you old pages stored on the your PC.

To force it to load new pages hit F5 once the page has loaded to reload a fresh one.

Changing the above setting will help by automatically doing this every time you go to a page.

morganmight 09:11 12 Aug 03

Thanks Jester2K II for your quick responce,obviosly i will try this when i get home later this afternoon.
Thanks again.

morganmight 17:40 12 Aug 03

Thanks again Jester2k II,your suggestion worked,I've also got my postings working again in this forum,don't know how i changed the setting though.
Thanks a million.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…