HTTP 403(forbidden) error

Boffin Boy 20:47 14 Oct 04

I recently went back to IE6 from Mozilla Firefox (which I tried for a while). When I used to use IE and Firefox I never had problems downloading, but now whenever I try to download now I get an 'HTTP 403(forbidden)' error, the text underneath reads: You are not authorized to view this page.
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.
I have been through the Internet Options and made sure that all the nessasary settings are chosen and that there are no restrictions set so that is OK, however I recently removed the 'showbehind' parasite and was fiddling with restrictions on another user name, but I don't believe this would make a difference.
I am running Windows 98se.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank You.

igr 20:55 14 Oct 04

Are you running Zonealarm or another firewall?

Boffin Boy 20:57 14 Oct 04

Yes, Zonealarm Pro

igr 20:59 14 Oct 04

Just switch it off for a few seconds and try to download a page. If it works, then its your privacy settings in ZA. Remember to reload ZA asap

Boffin Boy 21:03 14 Oct 04

It Worked!
Will update ZA privacy settings right away!!!

Thanks very much!!

Boffin Boy 21:39 14 Oct 04

OK I spoke too soon, I now cannot find the setting which I need to change and I pressed something which makes PC Advisor log off all the time! Can anyone help.

easyrider 22:04 14 Oct 04

You haven`t by any chance switched on Mobile code control in ZA privacy

Boffin Boy 22:06 14 Oct 04

Yes I have!

easyrider 22:08 14 Oct 04

Well I suggest you switch it off again

easyrider 22:14 14 Oct 04

All you need to do is put Ad blocking and cookie control to medium also in IE go to tools internet options/ privacy/ you will see at the bottom pop-up blocker click on settings then set it to low:allow pop-ups from secure sites

Boffin Boy 22:18 14 Oct 04

I can now download with ZA on. Thank You all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…