HTTP 403 Forbidden

Flyfifer 11:21 14 Sep 05

On various web pages i get the message
' You are not authorizied to veiw this page ' HTTP Error 403 Forbidden
What is wrong - is it my settings or Zone Alarm or config?

johnnyrocker 11:33 14 Sep 05

check your internet options to see if you are using a proxy server if so try with it unticked and re boot, if you are not using one try putting one in and reboot (you will need proxy details from your isp if you do not have them already)

Gongoozler 11:37 14 Sep 05

This message usually means that you are trying to view a page on the site that is not intended to be viewed by the public. This sometimes happens when you try to view a page that has been found by a search engine, or if you remove part of a url after a /.

Gongoozler 11:39 14 Sep 05

For a full explanation click here

Flyfifer 13:28 14 Sep 05

Thanks to johnnyrocker and Gongoozler i have tried both suggestions without success. The page I found the trouble with was - what else can be done?

johnnyrocker 13:30 14 Sep 05

security settings in internet options clean out cookies and temp internet files reboot and try again.

Flyfifer 14:48 14 Sep 05

Tried changing and enabling scripts and settings
in security and now the error does not appear. but the center column of ebay web page is missing but no the You are not auth........

Gongoozler 15:19 14 Sep 05

Hi Flyfifer. How about trying Mozilla Firefox. I've been using it for a long time now and find it much better behaved than Internet Explorer. You can have both on your computer and use whichever you get on with best. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…