HTML editor

miniman79 19:54 29 Aug 05

Hi,

I would like to start learning HTML and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good HTML editor for Windows.

Thanks for looking.

Forum Editor 20:02 29 Aug 05

where you might get a better response.

PurplePenny 22:50 29 Aug 05

Try HTML-Kit from Chami: click here Free for personal use and cheap to buy.

As well as being an excellent HTML editor it has add-ons for so many other things - CSS for instance. That means that you can start of just using it to learn HTML and once you've done that you can download some add-ons and it will grow with you.

Use it in conjunction with an HTML tutorail from W3Schools: click here

Good luck, come back here if you need help.

Penny

LeadingMNMs 07:25 30 Aug 05

I found JPadPro and excellent program when I started, although you only get a 30 day trial period - click here

I now use JEdit, but you'll also need Sun's Java Plugin, which is quite large - click here

HTML-Kit is a perfectly good editor, it just didn't suit me.

scotty 09:59 31 Aug 05

NVu has been getting lots of attention recently. Cannot comment more as I have not used in it earnest. click here

There is also Notepad. Simple text editors can be a useful way of learning the basics of HTML. Tedious when you do a significant amount of work to do!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…