img src="htt://img.photob..."> img src="htt://img.photob..."> img src="htt://img.photob...">

HTML Code For Button And Linked Image

dogbreath1 11:04 AM 07 Feb 11

The following HTML code creates a clickable button which links to an image.

a href="htt://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/dogbreath1/rasp1.gif" title="Nooo! Don't Do It!!!"> img src="htt://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/dogbreath1/DoNotPress.jpg" width="150" height="130" border="0" /> /a>

(I've removed the 'p' in both 'http's to display the code without 'click here's' being produced.)

On some PC's, the revealed image displays centrally on the screen and on others in the top LH corner.

How can I force the image to display centrally?

How can I force the background screen to display in black?

TIA

db.

Chris the Ancient 13:54 PM 07 Feb 11

This same question is also running in Helproom!

dogbreath1 15:41 PM 07 Feb 11

...reason being that someone from Helproom suggested that I post it here.

adam32 18:27 PM 09 Feb 11

The above suggestion is correct. It depends entirely on the browser engine. Opera is one that centres images, for example.

Why not display it in a modal overlay? Just make sure that you pick one that recognises keyboard input for user-friendliness - most do, but some don't.

dogbreath1 19:19 PM 09 Feb 11

Thanks for that. Makes sense. Let the image rather than the code force the desired result. Cheers.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…