html

Myrddyn 16:03 22 Jun 07

I'm taking a Dreamweaver 8 course. The problem is when I want to open a new html document there is already code written. Even my tutor doesn't understand it. I can't delete because the numbers colmn is still there.

Eric10 16:32 22 Jun 07

I've just gone to File, New, Blank Page, HTML and Dreamweaver created a new page with the requisite tags for an empty page.
In Code view I then selected all the lines by dragging the mouse down the left of them, pressed the Delete key and they were deleted leaving just the number 1 at the top of the line numbers column.
Deamweaver is a web site development tool and is designed to add code to help you. If you want a new page without any code perhaps you should use Notepad? Or am I not understanding what you mean?

AndySD 13:09 23 Jun 07

The default template is in

drive:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration

Close Dreamweaver

Right click on it and choose 'Open With' choose 'Notepad' then delete every thing between the body tags

<BODY>

</BODY>

then save

Start Dreamweaver and it should be sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…