HTC DESIRE cracked screen

miss_sunshine 15:10 21 Jun 10

so ive had the handset for about 6days, and i notice the camera screen is cracked,
havnt used the camera at all, onlu out the box a few days ago, havnt been out with it!! as im still usin my other contract, and tryin to get used to the phone itself

Orange say it will cost £170 and HTC said £140

anyone had the same problem with the cam screen? any advice

Thanks

gengiscant 16:41 21 Jun 10

Will Orange not change it? do you not have insurance? does not your home contents insurance cover it?

ella33 18:19 21 Jun 10

I feel absolutely sure that if you have the receipt or even can prove which day you bought it, it should not be cracked in 6 days, if you haven't used it. Do you have watchdogs? The problem with insurance is that you pay at least £25 so that shouldn't have to happen with something less than a week old. You need to spek again to Orange about your purchaser's rights, although it might be hard to prove that you didn't crack the screen. But heck, they shouldn't be cracking so easily; what is up with phones that they are breaking so quickly? I still have the little siemens phone, the sort that Avon were giving away 7 years ago ok, as a spare now..but I have dropped that in the shower at camp, down stone steps and apart from a weak battery it has never needed anything. I really feel that expensive phones are being made very badly.

woodchip 18:25 21 Jun 10

if its credit card get you money back, phone them

bremner 18:36 21 Jun 10

There are many instances reported online of the Nexus One screen allegedly cracking without reason. click here=

The Desire uses the same screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5