hsbc site loses connection

SJ73 21:06 28 Sep 08

hi hope someone can help. i am using firefox and have had no problems with the hsbc site however now i get a message when i try to transfer money or make a payment.
i have not added or taken away programs. it work one day and a couple of days later it didn't. is not the hsbc site as i can get on my account and transfer money from any other computer. the message i get when i hit 'transfer' is

Connection Interrupted
The document contains no data.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

thanks for the help
sally

sinbads 21:15 28 Sep 08

Hsbc working ok here do you get the same problem using IE?

SJ73 21:27 28 Sep 08

it,s only just started. monday it was fine. wed it wasn't. i have not retried ie but not used it in years on this laptop. however i have used my sisters who has ie and it worked fine and my dads who has the same xp and firefox versions as me and it worked fine on there. i can do all other things on the site other then moving money from my account.

Sea Urchin 21:53 28 Sep 08

A possible solution to this problem is tp open Firefox and

Click Tools and select Options.

Click the Advanced icon and click the Network tab.

Click Clear Now under the Cache section.

Click OK.

Exit and relaunch the browser.

SJ73 22:27 28 Sep 08

good idea. but nope that didn't work. oh and i don't have virus either. i'm quite basic with the tec stuff so please ask for any settings etc you need to know.

thanks for the help.

brundle 22:44 28 Sep 08

Hit Ctrl-T to open a new blank tab. Close all other tabs. Press Ctrl-Shift-Del for the Clear Private Data dialogue, tick Cookies then click Clean Private Data Now. you will have to re-enter your account info to log back into the bank site.

Sea Urchin 23:00 28 Sep 08

If brundle's link doesn't work (I'm not suggesting it won't) then I would suggest creating a new profile in Firefox as here

click here

SJ73 23:00 28 Sep 08

that worked. i knew it had to be something simple. im very grateful to everyone that gave me help.
many thanks
sally

Sea Urchin 00:23 29 Sep 08

Just for future reference which was the solution that worked for you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…