hpzstatx and lssimsvc

effingpot 12:49 18 Aug 03

Is anyone else having problems with these processes? I am using W98.

hpzstatx seems to have come with the HP Deskjet 950C and if anything hangs (particularly printing, but other things too) then killing this process often clears the problem. The process reappears and carries on.

lssimsvc is more recent - I thought it came with spam bully but they claim not. It is often in 'not responding' and hangs things like 123, which again are fine when lssimsvc is killed. It also prevents normal shutdown which is quite annoying.

Is anyone aware of ways to prevent these problems?
Thanks
Mike

temp003 17:25 18 Aug 03

Can't find anything meaningful on issimsvc, although it might be some sort of disk utility?

Sometimes 98 can hang when it's low on memory and too many processes are running, or it has enough memory, but 98 doesn't manage it very well.

Use msconfig, go to the Startup tab, and untick any items which you don't need to run at startup. Things like printer software (your HP), scanner software, Office (which may be in you Startup folder), CD burning software, and so on, you don't need them to run in the background.

jazzypop 18:21 18 Aug 03

The only reference I could find was your post at click here :)

effingpot 19:14 18 Aug 03

Wow - pointing me back to my own question - that helped a lot. Gee thanks! I think you have too much time on your hands!

I have fixed the hpzstatx one - thanks to those who sent me USEFUL answers!!!

Info on lssimsvc still requested if anyone knows.

Thanks
Mike

jazzypop 19:20 18 Aug 03

Wow - a sarcastic response to a light-hearted post. Gee!

That is about as helpful as misspelling the name of the service. You spelt it with a lowwercase 'L'. A quick search using an uppercase 'I' reveals -

ISSI EZUpdate Service "c:\sdwork\issimsvc.exe"

Source - click here

Ho hum

effingpot 19:30 18 Aug 03

Mmm fair cop!!

I even know what ISSI is!!!

Thanks for the pointer - though you have to admit - answering within 6 mins does prove you have a bit too much time on your hands, don't you think?

Anyway do you have any idea what the post you refer to means? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do - though I'm guessing renaming the process to stop it will not do any harm.

What do you think?
Cheers
Mike

spikeychris 19:40 18 Aug 03

jazzypop, you have too much time on your hands go and put some fires out ;o)

birkdalite 19:43 18 Aug 03

might I suggest that a change of attitude and name might elicit more help

Meshuga 19:51 18 Aug 03

Agree with you 100%. FE please take note of the
implied innuendo in the original posters name.
Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…