hp930c printer runs out extra pages

heribierto 13:39 07 Feb 05

I am using an HP930C printer
When I have printed a document it continues running out extra blank pages.
It must be something simple but I have searched the manual and looked at all the preferences but I cannot see what to change to prevent this happening
Heribierto

Gongoozler 13:50 07 Feb 05

If the document is in MS Word, click on the Show/Hide symbol ΒΆ to see if there are any control characters at the end of the document.

heribierto 14:00 07 Feb 05

No. The pages are run off, whatever I have been printing

Gongoozler 14:02 07 Feb 05

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers?

Djohn 14:03 07 Feb 05

Also check to see how many pages your document consist of. Look to the lower left of the status bar in word and it will tell you how many pages are in the document.

It may be you have inadvertently created more pages than you need by over use of the enter key for paragraph spacing. If this is the case then insert your cursor to the right of the last word on your document and keep hitting the delete key until the page count at the bottom of word returns to match the number of pages in the document, re save the document and it should now work fine.

Diodorus Siculus 14:05 07 Feb 05

In the properties of the printer, try the "fatory settings" default option.

heribierto 15:01 07 Feb 05

I have reinstalled the printer driver previously without good result.
It is not only Word that it occurs so anything I have in the word settings should not affect the printing, of say, emails when the extra pages are run off. Even printing ' print test page ' will print the page, then run out 3 blank sheets.
I have also reset the factory options and it still happens
Puzzling !!

Gongoozler 17:03 07 Feb 05

Hi heribierto, can you try the printer on another computer to see if the problem is a fault in the printer itself?

heribierto 20:36 07 Feb 05

sorry, only have one computer

Gongoozler 21:12 07 Feb 05

Friends, relations, neighbours?

heribierto 21:34 07 Feb 05

I live in an OAP area and I must be the only 80 year old with a computer as my neighbours do not know what I am talking about. I have a spare printer brand new but an earlier model so if the worst comes to the worst I can always instal that. I don't mind my HP930c churning out extra pages, it is just a fag putting them all back in the tray
thanks for the suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…