HP3300c scanner cuts off bottom of page

Ginger Beer 18:50 09 Jan 03
  Ginger Beer 18:50 09 Jan 03

When using the above scanner to copy a page, firstly the scanner always throws up a text box which says an illegal operation has taken place and shuts down the progam, and when it does make a copy it cuts off the bottom of the page as though it thinks it's using letter size.
I've tried changing settings of the scanner and printer but the same always occurs.
It also takes ages to actually scan to copy,
i.e. an A4 page takes about 1minute to copy.

Can anybody help please?

Elrond 18:52 09 Jan 03

I would try uninstalling the scanner and software and re-installing it to begin with. Have you installed anything new lately? i.e has this been happening since anything new has been introduced to the system?

Ginger Beer 19:03 09 Jan 03

Thanks for your response Elrond, always a good idea to fall back and try re-installing, I'll certainly try.
The scanner has been misbehaving since new so I'm fairly fed up with it now.
However, I'll try re-installing.

Elrond 19:05 09 Jan 03

How long have you had it, i've got the very same scanner and have had a few years now. Are you on winXP?

Ginger Beer 22:45 09 Jan 03

Not sure if I correctly sent my last message so here's a repeat.

I've tried uninstall/install but with no noticeable change.The install process is a little bewildering but I think I muddled my way through ok.

I'll have to try something else. Thanks for your thoughts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…