HP wireless printer connection Windows 7

Mitch5062 10:49 11 May 10

When I try to connect per wireless to my HP P2055d which is connected by USB to a Vista PC, I get a message saying "Windows cannot connect to the printer" Microsoft error message 0.0000007e.
I can connect per wireless to my old HP MP5 and Canon S830D which are also USB connected to the same Vista PC. Using a wireless Vista laptop I can connect to The P2055, HP MP5, and Canon S830D.
Any help greatly appreciated!

skeletal 15:05 11 May 10

If you have a 64 bit win 7 system, you may wish to look at this thread. In particular, look at my suggestion at the bottom of the page.

click here

If it’s not this, sorry, I can’t think what else it may be.

Skeletal

Mitch5062 14:16 12 May 10

Yes, the Windows 7 laptop is 64 bit and although I don't want to sound pompous your scenario exactly relates to the procedures I followed. It is sad that although I can see the HP Laserjet 2055d over the wireless network, I cannot connect. All seems as though it is working and then at the last moment I get a message Windows Cannot connect to the printer. The error is described as 0x0000007e, which I suspect is a driver problem. HP have been totally useless in support, saying they do not support the concept of shared printers!

Ventad 14:39 12 May 10

I had this scenario and I was scratching my head for a few days, I then noticed that the Vista PC which the printer was connected to called the printer 'Canon iP6600D' and the 64 bit W7 laptop was calling it 'Canon Inkjet iP6600D' I first connected the printer to the laptop and it downloaded/loaded the 64 bit drivers. I then reconnected the printer to the Vista PC then deleted the printer from control panel/printers on both machines the added the printer again in control panel and all was put right worked straight away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…