hp update error code 80070490

rocketbob 15:11 PM 11 Nov 13

I have got error code 80070490 hp-imaging-nullprint-hp imaging 5520 update wont install. How do I rectify this issue.i am running windows 8.1/exp 11/Kaspersky 2014 security on acer aspire v5 laptop

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:14 PM 11 Nov 13

If you receive Update error 80070490, it means that a file (CBS Manifest) that's needed to install updates is corrupt.

Run the System Update Readiness Tool, follow these steps:

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

Type command prompt in the search box.

In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command Prompt, and then tap or click Run as administrator.

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands exactly as they appear. Press the Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Run Update again.

rocketbob 19:00 PM 11 Nov 13

typed in your info and got error 87.

the online/cleanup-image/scanhealth option is unknown, for more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe/?. the DISM log file can be at c:\WINDOWS\LOGS\DISM\dism.log C:\WINDOWS\system32> I was not sure what to do. thanks fruit bat

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:25 PM 11 Nov 13

did you put the spaces in?

rocketbob 20:27 PM 11 Nov 13

hi fruit bat I missed the spaces out, just run cleanup-image said all ok, run update and it still failed to instore

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:58 PM 11 Nov 13

tired installing in safemode or with antivirus switched off?

rocketbob 09:51 AM 13 Nov 13

I switched off my antivirus. run update but still would not install. so I got in touch with hp support and they said its a issue with windows 8.1 update for a driver which is not a genuine HP DRIVER. they told me to ignore it and do not try to install it,The only thing now is to find out how to get Microsoft to stop asking for the update

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone