HP Support

highside 06:40 AM 07 May 11

Tried to find out why HP Support assistant doesnt work on my Pavilion, HP dont even recognise the Laptop on its own support site, Just one year old. Had bother with them before dont know why I bought HP again. Found a link to download SA for Win 7 (not specific to my laptop) but although it says succesful download it still does not work. It opens but only shows info that windows supplies and nothing about the computer itself. Any one been down this route please? At the moment I want to add RAM but cant see anywhere with any useful specifications, all i have is articles about how to physically replace RAM etc, not what it shoild be. Thanks for looking

rdave13 07:23 AM 07 May 11

Try running the system scanner at Crucial.

Taff™ 08:10 AM 07 May 11

Post the full model number which will be on the label at the bottom of the laptop. You should also find a service tag, probably on a white label.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:33 AM 07 May 11

SIW Will tell you all the equipment in your laptop

highside 10:49 AM 07 May 11

Model HP Pavilion 2250 dv7 Dual core 2-1 GHz standard 4 GB (2 GB in two slots.) Crucial doesnt list it either but helpful as usual, they can offer suitable RAM (It can take 8 GB dont know how much would be used but thats not the point) The HP built in programs ought to work and enable these things to be seen.

Taff™ 11:18 AM 07 May 11

There is a model number after the DV7 that should pinpoint the spec. Or have you got the SKU number which will most probably be on the box. If you can have a look on the existing memory there might even be some detail of what it is.

Woolwell 11:31 AM 07 May 11

The pn number on the label may be more useful.

highside 11:48 AM 07 May 11

Thanks for replies. The only other thing on label apart from S/N is Product: VJ230EA#ABH (and Win7 cert nos)

Woolwell 12:06 PM 07 May 11

HP Details

It is the 2250ed

Woolwell 12:10 PM 07 May 11

This may help DV7 - 2250ed

Did you buy the product in UK?

highside 12:14 PM 07 May 11

Stupidly I missed the ed off. No bought from HP dealer in Malta

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things